Spanish Language Targeting
Hispanic advertising refers to marketing efforts that target Spanish Speaking populations of consumers. Advertising to Spanish speaking audiences and targeting ads appropriate requires a couple of guidelines.
But is advertising to such a niche linguistic group (ie people who speak Spanish) worth it in the health and fitness industry? The Spanish Langage “niche” may be more substantial than you think.
Spanish Language in Digital Advertising
There is a massive volume of Spanish speaking people, nations, countries, and groups in the world. In the United States alone, there is a substantial population of people who are Spanish-speaking consumers.
Top Global Spanish-Speaking Populations
1. Mexico – 110M speakers
2. U.S.A. – 50M speakers
3. Spain – 46M speakers
4. Colombia – 45M speakers
5. Argentina – 40M speakers
6. Venezuela – 28M speakers
7. Peru – 25M speakers
United States Spanish-Speaking Populations
1. New Mexico – 48.5% Spanish Language speakers
2. Texas – 39.1% Spanish Language speakers
3. California – 38.9% Spanish Language speakers
4. Arizona – 30.9% Spanish Language speakers
5. Nevada – 28.5% Spanish Language speakers
6. Florida – 24.9% Spanish Language speakers
7. Colorado – 21.3% Spanish Language speakers
Spanish Targeting in our Ad Server
When it comes to targeting Spanish-speaker consumers with ads, there are two main things to keep in mind:
- Target people who have “Spanish Language” set in their computer or mobile device, and
- Target people who are looking at website content that is in Spanish.
If you pair these two targeting methods, you’ll maximize your overall audience reach. When it comes to the latter, in the context of health and fitness advertising, you’ll want to target users who are viewing Spanish or Mexican content.
Spanish Language Targeting with Healthy Ads
At Healthy Ads, we offer Spanish Language Targeting in our Ad Server for both Managed Serices and Programmatic Advertisers. We’ll help you reach Spanish consumers quickly and efficiently, when and where they want your products. We use real-time Spanish recipe targeting to let advertisers run their ads on Spanish content when users are actively viewing the page, which is one of the best solutions for health based targeting.