Golf is a sport in which players try to put balls into as many holes on a course as possible by using a range of clubs. The game is often played on a course with an 18-hole progression, however, smaller courses with 9 holes are also popular.
Driving the ball from the teeing ground, avoiding the various hazards on the fairway, and eventually getting it into the hole (or “cup”) on the green in as few strokes as possible are the main goals of the game.
Here are some essential Golfing details:
- Teeing Ground: Each hole begins with a teeing ground, from which players launch their first stroke, or “drive.” The area around the hole is known as the “putting green.”
- Fairway and Rough: The “fairway,” a properly maintained path for the ball, is placed between the teeing area and the green. The “rough,” a less well-kept area bordering the fairway, often presents a more difficult test to golfers.
- Hazards: Many other kinds of hazards, such as bunkers (sometimes known as “sand traps”) and bodies of water, are frequently included on courses.
- Strokes: A player’s attempt to strike the ball is called a “stroke.” To complete the hole in the fewest possible strokes is the goal.
- Score: Players add up their strokes after each hole to get their score. Simply adding together each hole’s score provides the round’s final score. The player with the lowest score at the conclusion of the round is the winner.
- Par: Each hole has a “par,” which is the number of strokes needed to complete it by a skilled golfer. Typically, holes are par 3, 4, or 5.
The game of golf is recognized for its unique fusion of technical skill, strategy, and frequently demanding outdoor walking. It is also well-known for hosting significant events like The Masters, The U.S. Open, and the Championship of the PGA.
We see lots of searches for “Golf” in our network as people look for the latest updates about Golf. This provides a unique opportunity for companies selling products aiming to connect with Golf fans.
Health Targeting is in our DNA
Since 2012, we’ve been the leader in Health advertising. Healthy Ads can deliver Health Targeting across publisher content in Real Time as well as via Audience Segments in our Ad Server or yours, via various DMP and DSP Integrations. No other company has the depth in Health Targeting that we do.
Reach Individuals interested in Golf
We offer the ability to either advertise on pages next to articles about Golf or to people who have previously looked at Golf related articles or blogs in the past. We know that people looking at content related to Golf love the sport. This Direct to Consumer Advertising (DTC) is an ideal way to reach your audience.
Golf Targeting Solutions
Realtime Golf Targeting
Our Realtime Golf Targeting option allows an advertiser to run their advertising next to Golf webpages as the researcher looks at the page. This is the ultimate solution for advertising fitness equipment and exercise products. We can run this type of contextual targeting across our own Managed Supply, our Curated Supply and via a Media Plan via Managed Services.
Golf Audience Targeting
Our Golf Audience Targeting allows an advertiser to run their advertising targeted to people who have recently looked at Golf related content over the past 30 to 60 days. This offers a significantly larger scale than our Realtime Targeting option.
Popular Golf Searches
We see a wide range of Golf searches each month and a vast amount of content on this topic across our managed publishers. The top twenty searches we see related to Golf include;